12 August, 2008

Why are People Like That?

Just a reflection for what happened to me today. Don't you agree that people who hate you really much will find a way to acknowledge your mistakes in front of your face? I don't know about this but I'll give a concrete example of this kind of "attitude".

It's normal for the band playing but whenever a band plays on stage, the other bands will try to find the mistakes that the performing band will execute. Like, losing the sound of the guitar, the losing of the beat of the drums, and etcetera. I think this is normal but isn't it too insulting? What if you're an engineer and you make the greatest design of a house possible and the owner will say that the paint is not good, windows aren't that good, and so on. What would you feel if you were the engineer? If I were the engineer, I'll just smile to hide the pain that my work is not satisfactory and must be repeated again.

My only point is people should go to the positive side first before going on to the negative side. For the band example, when the performing band goes down the stage and will pass by to the other bands, the other bands should congratulate them at first. Then discuss about the flaws that the performing bands made on stage and they should give encouragement. That way, it wouldn't be very insulting.


"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." ~Unknown

No comments: