07 September, 2008

The Music Serenades With Rain

Yesterday, we were invited to play in a place very far away from civilization. The friend of my father invited us there and he wanted to have a band performance in their fiesta. So, off we go there. We left the city around 5 pm and arrived there around 6. My father said hi to all the people we met. We arrived in the center of the town and we stopped in front of a house and a karaoke bar. I got out the car and sat on a chair near the karaoke box. I smoked a cigarette while waiting for something to happen. I played some music in the karaoke and stayed longer. I had another cigarette and I played billiards with my father. The people even gave a comment on us that we are just like friends. If people who don't know us saw us, they would tell that we are just friends.

After playing, time passed by and still nothing happened until the friend of my father invited us to eat. We went to their house just behind the karaoke bar. When I got there, I sat down on the sofa and waited. When the food had arrived, I never expected anything like it. It was the most the complete opposite of what I expected.

They served CRAB and SHRIMP!

As all of you might know, I am allergic to crab and shrimp. I don't know why but if I think about something that is seafood and when cooked goes red, it irritates me. My parents knew about my allergy so they did not let me eat. Instead, they told me to wait for another viand to come. "Bihon" arrived and it was the only viand I can have. Better have this than nothing. Anyway, after we finished eating, I had another cigarette and my father bought some alcoholic drinks. He bought a junior brandy, one liter of beer, and a liter of coke. We mixed it all together and formed the most exciting drink of all and was the source of our band's name.

MESTIZA.

We drank a little and after a few talks, off we go to a place beside the sea and set all our equipments there for our gig. But, something bad happened that we thought was the reason to cancel the gig. I'll tell it later in part 2. XD

No comments: