24 August, 2008

A Night With The Guys and a Girl

Last Friday, it was the birthday of Jal's brother, Jet. We weren't really invited but Jal asked Jet for us. Jet agreed and we all went there. There were many of us. We were eating, drinking, playing, composing, and all other stuff we can think of to get rid of boredom. Midnight came and we decided to have a drink. Since all the alcohol is unavailable in the cooler, we went out and bought some drinks. When we got our drinks, we decided on where to drink. After some few minutes, we decided to drink under a tree, blanketed by the beautiful stars and night sky. It was a good spot since we were outside. It was cold yet accommodating.

We were composed of Jal, Mackie, Gal, Gear, Mitch, and me. We drank our beers on a table. It was fun because we talked about everything we want to talk about. We passed by on a topic on how Mitch was linked to his ex-boyfriend. We already knew everything because her ex-boyfriend was also our friend. Mitch really hated her ex-boyfriend and we know that. Anyway, we talked more and then arrived on me. I was to give the topic. I shared things about how my ex-girlfriend left me and told me all the reasons in the world to do such. I don't want to elaborate because it's kinda boring and stupid. So, just ask me personally on why she left me.

After I said all of those, I shared to them her boyfriend now and how they're doing. I honestly told them that they are fine and my ex-girlfriend is really happy since she can get whatever she wants because the guy's rich. I don't really care about that detail. What struck me the most is what my friends said to me.

"To tell you the truth Jan, it is really you who is making the effort just to make your girl happy. It's true that you are poor and you really can't support her but you are making a freakin' effort just to make her happy. On the other hand, it is simple for her new boyfriend now because he is rich and can give anything she likes. Look on the positive side."

I don't know if I'll be happy or something but I felt happy in that moment. I realized that I really did make an effort but was not enough. I'm not saying it was my ex-girlfriend's fault not to see that. Neither it is my fault that I did not give her happiness. It's just that, fate really brought that up and I never expected that to happen. All I can do was to accept the fact that I am not for her and she is not for me. Sad or not? I don't know.

I think personally that the world revolves around money. It is money who can make people's lives better. It is money that can solve almost all problems in the world. It is money who can avail tickets to travel outside the country. Everything. Money is important in this world because not all things are free. But if you ever think about it deeply, it is not money that it is important. It is the sincerity, the love, the care of all the people around you. Can money buy you love? Yes, some say. I can get a prostitute in Central Bank and make LOVE. But, is it really love? No, it isn't. It's just pleasure for Christ's sake. What I mean about love is the feeling that will never surpass because the person you love is important. (I don't really know the exact meaning. I just made that up. XD) Money also can't buy your family. Money can't buy everything in this world. Money is just a material that make people greedy, materialistic, and etcetera. But it is Love that will dominate in the future.

Oh! Don't say that all I said here is only the reasoning of the "poor" just to make other people forget that they are poor. Some people will say, "They just say that because they're poor." I say once again that this is not a reasoning. It's just the truth. :)

"Money is a good servant, but a poor master" -Dominique Bouhours

No comments: