26 August, 2008

Random Thoughts

I listened to a talk by my mom and an employee that works in our fiberglass business. You see, this employee is a leader in their chapel and what he and my mom talked about was death of people and how it is connected to the people living in this world. Based on what I have heard, he said that death has no connection whatsoever with the people living in the world. He also said that people shouldn’t cry when their loved ones die. Instead, they should be happy. His reason was people should feel happy when their loved ones die because they are a step closer to salvation. I thought about what he said and I made up two points; one is that people can’t help but cry when their loved ones die because they really love the person and they don’t want to let them go. Second is that it is true that people who die will be one step closer to salvation because they will enter the kingdom of God. I left the talk once I had made up my mind.

This has no connection whatsoever with what I said before this. However, this happened on the same day. Anyway, as I was riding a jeep, I was listening to two disc jockeys on the radio. Doctor Love was on the radio. Basically, they talk about love problems and people text their problems to them and “Doctor Love” will give them advices. I listened to one of the listener’s text and he said, “Girls are really unpredictable and stupid. Once you are serious to them, they will cheat or will leave you.” As I heard that, an idea suddenly struck in my mind. What he said was kinda’ true. However, is also not true. True because some girls just play with the person’s feelings. But, some girls are really serious in their relationships and end up being the ones left. I don’t know which side I am going to take because I am a guy. Maybe I’ll stay neutral for this topic. But, people should remember. We men must be respected. :)

As I was passing by the sidewalk, I saw the newspapers headlines. I realized that they were all bad news. I don’t know why people like to make all the bad news be put in the front page. I understand that they want people to buy their tabloid because Filipino people like to read more on the bad side than in the good side. I bet that more Filipinos will read murder cases than to read the article about the efforts of our athletes in the Olympics. We understand that we want to know the truth about this world, be educated about it. However, if we continue with this kind of attitude, we will have the unconscious chance to pass this to children that automatically registers in their mind. Violence will be the front page in their brains and they will be more curious about the world. In addition, children nowadays play violent games in the computer. I don’t know who’s to blame. The parents, the owners of the cafĂ©’s who let the children play violent games or the creators of the game themselves. I am filled with thoughts and emotion.

I just want to speak up about my thoughts because I feel they will burst if I don’t release them. Janus, a proud Filipino blogger. XD

No comments: