20 August, 2008

Until Christmas Day Ep. 3

The prank still lingered in my mind. I can’t forget it easily. It was the most humiliating time of my life. My job was affected and I could not work well. My manager saw my performance and told me to take a day off. He said that a day off would do me good. He also said to clear my mind. I also thought about that and maybe I really needed a time off.

The next day, I did not work. I slept until 1 pm. I decided to go to a mall to stroll and buy some stuff. I took a bath, ate brunch, and went to the mall after that. While I was walking on the street going to the mall, I saw a very familiar face. It was a girl, waiting for something on the road; her boyfriend perhaps or something like that. Maybe she was waiting for a bus. I don’t know the exact reason but it intrigues me to see that familiar girl. Maybe I saw her somewhere. Those beautiful eyes, the beautiful hair, everything seem to be perfect. Then, the prank thundered down in my mind. She was the girl who played the prank to me. From nice to not so nice, I brisk walked to her and I position myself behind her. I took a gun lighter and pointed it to her back. I told her that this is a hold up and she must give up all her belongings and money. Her reaction is something that I expected. She calmed down and told me that all her belongings are in her bag and also her money. She removed her shoulder bag from her shoulder and handed it over to me. Then, I don’t know what got into me but because I can’t keep my laughter anymore, I said.

“HAHAHA! GOTCHA!”

She then looked back to me and sighed. She really thought that it was a hold up. She even told me that she felt really scared. She told me not to play a prank like that because it is not nice. I told her that the prank that she played to me was also not nice. She apologized to me and it felt good. At last, that prank won’t haunt me anymore. I also apologized to her and she felt good too. The next thing I know, both of us were laughing so hard. She said that she‘d make it up for me because an apology is not enough. She asked me to take her to my work place. She’ll treat me for a slice of Strawberry Shortcake and maybe a cup of coffee. I know that it will be a happy day.

No comments: