14 August, 2008

Until Christmas Day Ep.1

"I am not inspired," says I. I'm tired and bored of doing things I shouldn't be doing. I got this job that I did not dream about. I mean, who wants to have this job anyway? You're serving some cakes to unknown people that you didn't think that existed in this world. Yes, I am a cake seller. But, I do not send these cakes on people's houses. I work in a cake shop and all I do there is to serve cakes to customers, sit down, read a newspaper, or listen to the radio. Just that and nothing more. The more I last on this job, the more I get so bored. How I wished I could poof out of here because it is not my dream to be a cake seller. But, why did I get this job? Money. I need money. Money for my everyday needs, for my family back in the province, and for my future. I want to study college if I have enough money to enroll. Until that time, I need to work my butt off this freakin' job.

But, there are pros on this job. One is the beautiful ladies that come here to have a coffee break every 3 pm. They wear these secretary-like uniforms and they come in different colors. When I serve sliced cake to them, I try not to stare. I might drool or something if I do that. Every time these girls come, they keep on giggling like I have something in my face. But, I don't care. These girls are beautiful and I know it. Another one is the free cake you get when a customer doesn't finish it all up. Our cakes really taste great and I really dream to eat one. When I got here for the first time, I was so scared to eat the leftovers but some guy told me that it was alright. So, I grabbed the cake and ate it. It felt great. I felt I was in heaven when I eat our own cakes. It doesn't mean that I tell you guys that our cakes really taste great and that you should buy here. I'm just telling you how heavenly the taste of our cakes is. Especially the Strawberry Shortcake. Yum.

But still, having this job is not really cool. NOT totally cool. But if it's about money then I don't have problems with any job that I can get into. Just don't give me jobs that are scary or will be the cause of my death. I would definitely not want that.

But, my life changed forever when this past of mine happened. It was a bittersweet past. I don't know if you'll be bored or something but I find my past very interesting and fun. Although it hurts a bit, still I am happy that I can still remember this past of mine. I know you want to hear it. I really know that you want to hear it.

Here is the story of my life. I am Herbert Carver. I am a cake seller and I don't like it.

(Author's note: This story is entirely fictional. I want to say this because there is someone behind me on the left that keeps telling me that this is my own story. THIS IS FICTIONAL. Episode 2 soon!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why did u include me in your damn author's comment?

Anonymous said...

Haha! Don't be too hard on me.. You kept on insisting that this story is my story.. XD