04 August, 2008

What is your specialty?

Nonsense title but I hope this post will contain a good lesson for you people out there. Let me start off with a poem that I have found in our issue of the school paper(or book). The Banaag Diwa. When I read the poem that I am about to share, it really moved me since I can relate to it. All the sufferings, the dreams, and the truth behind it all. I think it summed up everything. I think.

Without further ado, I will present to you...

Iyahang "Special Girl"

Blog Author's note: This is from the Banaag Diwa of our school. All Rights Reserved. I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to Isle for making the poem. No plagiarism, please.

Iyahang "Special Girl"
By Isle

In love kaayo siya nimo
Iyang comments ra gani ang makapapuno
Sa imong Friendster
Tanan nimo higala
Muingon gyud na swerte kaayo ka
Kay sa imo nagtuyok iyang kalibutan,
Kay andam siya musabot sa imong mga kalapasan,
Kay wala na siya'y laing gihunahuna pa
Kung dili ang makapalipay lang sa imo
Maski sa iya wala kay panahon,
Maski sa iya wala kay ihatag na comment
Sa inyong monthsary o maski anniversary,
Maski sa iya walay muuban sa pagtambong
Sa anticipated mass
Samtang siya maglingi-lingi
Naghandom na basig muabot ka,
Naglaom na mausab imong utok
Na karon, maskin karong tungura lang
Siya na pud imong gahinan ug atensyon ug oras.

Kung nganong ginaing-ana nimo siya
Ikaw ra ang nakabalo
Apan ako karon wala na natingala pa
Nganong maski kanus-a
Wala gyud ko kahuna-huna
Na kaibogan
Imong "special girl"

There you have it. Once again, to prevent the cases of plagiarism, this poem was made by a student in Ateneo de Davao University with a pen name, Isle. Thank you very much. Although I haven't asked you personally that I will use your poem, I hope you will understand the acknowledgement that I give to you in this post. Thanks.

To summarize everything, the author of this poem talks to a person. The author explains how his lover really loves him. Filling in the comment box in friendster, all his friends tells him that he is very lucky because the world of the person that loves him revolved around him. You get my point. Also, when this girl attends an anticipating mass, she looks back at the people to find the guy. And everything is history.

I can really relate to this poem, thinking that I am the "girl" and this person I adore is the "guy" in this poem. It's really tough to love a person whom you know you can't have. You might be thinking to let him/her free because if she'll be happy because of that, you will be happy too. I would like to coin this kind of attitude as "Martirism". Martyr means a person that would give everything for the happiness of a person in exchange of pain that he will recieve. Why would someone let go of someone they love? Personally, I think it is stupid.

But, there are times when you will feel or know that you must let go of something you really love. God has plans for you and He won't let you feel down by taking something away from you. Just continue living and continue breathing. It is not the end of the world. God has plans for you and soon, you will find the one that will really belong to your heart.

Shoutouts to Hannah, my madeleine. Ate Joy, I am not plagiarising! If ever that word exists. Kuya Dan, you're so noisy. Hahaha! >:) Gamephase, for letting me use their computer to post this blog. To Isle, I would like to thank you personally if ever I will know and see you. Godspeed! And to all my friends that continue supporting me. Also my family. Thanks!

"Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen." -Leonardo Da Vinci

No comments: